Accounts Payable Specialist
Supports the AP Manager. The AP Specialist will work closely with the AP Technicians in problem solving, answering questions, and reporting ensuring high quality standards are met in the daily operations of the AP department.
· Knowledgeable in all areas of Accounts Payable.
· Educates and train AP Technicians.
· Works closely with Purchasing, Vendors, and customers.
· System matter expert in Electronic Payment Methods (EDI, P Cards, SUA, etc.)
· System Maintenance Coordinator and liaison with IS and maintenance vendors.
· AP reporting, including regulatory reporting. (Vendor Sanctions, 1099s, etc.)
· Maintains Vendor master list; including but not limited to vendor income codes, addresses, and names.
· PO 135 oversite and reconciliation with focus on High Volume account vendors.
· Integral part of the AP Specialist Team with appropriate level of cross-training to cover staff absences.
· Performs other duties as assigned or required.
Competencies and skills:
* 2+ years of relative work experience required.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Associate's Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* Associate Degree or equivalent from a two-year college or technical school and at least 2 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Bachelors degree preferred.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Prolonged periods of sitting.
* Prolonged periods of standing.
* Prolonged periods of walking.