Certified Nursing Assistant - Med Surg (4706)
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Position is located: 489 State Street Bangor, Maine.
Opportunities within a variety of Med Surg Units:
- General Surgical/Medical (Merritt 3/Haskell 3)
- Cardiac Telemetry (Pavilion 6 & Grant 4)
- Respiratory/Oncology (Grant 6)
- Neuro/Ortho (Grant 5)
- Acute Rehab
Shifts Available: Full Time / Part Time / Pool / Per Diem / Day / Night / Evening
Certified Nursing Assistant positions starting at $19.00 per hour!
Sign on bonus includes: Full time - $3,500; Part time - $1,500; Per diem - $500
Apply Today on the Northern Light Careers page at:
Career Opportunities and Jobs - Northern Light Health Search for Job ID "4706"
Certified Nursing Assistants provide direct and in-direct patient care under direction of nursing staff. Performs duties such as feed, bathe, dress, groom, or move patients, or change linens. May transfer or transport patients. With competitive pay, great benefits, various shift options available, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and growth opportunities, make EMMC the next step in your career!
“As a Nurse Tech, I know I am an important extension of our excellent nursing staff. Over my 28-year career at Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center, I’ve had the opportunity to provide great care and support to patients and family members, treating them just as I would my own family.” – April Stanhope, CNA
Career Ladders include advancements to CNA II, CNA III and beyond.
High performing and patient centered Certified Nursing Assistants who have 2 years of CNA experience will be eligible to move into the CNA II position at $19.00, and further wage progression with movement to CNA III. EMMC is fully supportive of CNAs looking to advance their career in healthcare, with generous tuition reimbursement and scholarship programs for nursing, imaging, respiratory therapy and more.
· Maine CNA License required- Active and in good standing on Maine CNA Registry.
· BLS certification
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
· A strong team player who is self-motivated.
· Fast learner.
· Must possess exemplary customer service skills and demonstrate consistent use of EMMC Caring Behaviors.
· Ability to communicate well with all members of the healthcare team.
· Ability to work closely under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· Must project a professional image at all times.
· Must have high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be a demonstrated team player.
· Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to team members and patients.
***Not a Certified Nursing Assistant but interested in becoming a CNA? Ask about our Certified Nursing Assistant classes we hold throughout the year where you can get paid to learn!***
Questions? Text "EMMC CNA" to 207-506-0033 For more information!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status.