To view all available CNA/Nurse Tech positions go here: http://bit.ly/NLHNurseTech
It's a great time to be a CNA at EMMC!!
With competitive pay, great benefits, various shifts options available, tuition reimbursement for continuing education, and growth opportunities, make EMMC the next step in your career!
"EMMC is a great team to work for!" –Current NT
"There's lots of great teamwork between the Nursing Techs and the Nurses." –Current NT
"My employment at EMMC has encouraged me to grow in all areas of my life." – Current NT
Opportunities within the following departments:
· Maine CNA License required- Active and in good standing on Maine CNA Registry.
· BLS certification required.
· High school diploma or equivalent required.
· Must be adaptable to a fast paced, ever-changing environment.
· A strong team player who is self-motivated.
· Fast learner.
· Must possess exemplary customer service skills and demonstrate consistent use of EMMC Caring Behaviors.
· Ability to communicate well with all members of the healthcare team.
· Ability to work closely under the direction of a Registered Nurse.
· Must project a professional image at all times.
· Must have high level of interpersonal and communication skills and be a demonstrated team player.
· Must demonstrate reliability and accountability to team members and patients.
PREFERRED EXPERIENCE/SKILLS: Legible handwriting and other skills as outlined in unit based orientation.Age specific competency certification.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Capacity to concentrate in a busy and often stressful environment. Ability to come in close contact with people. Sitting, and extended periods of standing and walking are required.Stretchers, monitors, pumps are moved several times a day to accommodate patient and equipment transfers. Reaching and stretching may be required at any time. Ability to push and pull heavy computers on wheels; push wheelchairs with 300+ pound patients, frequently lifting 50 pounds without assistance; high volume of stooping, bending, lifting, pulling and twisting. Must be able to stretch, reach, and retrieve equipment from the supply carts of bend to reach equipment supplied below knee level. Must possess upper body strength, agility and lung capacity necessary to perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation and have the ability to wear protective equipment and to pass fit testing. Portable O2 tanks are lifted from O2 racks to stretchers to accompany patients. Must be able to perform various sensory requirements such as visual and color acuity, speech, smell, touch, manual dexterity, fine motor skills and hearing in order to treat the patient accurately. Use of the electronic medical record requires visual acuity for reading information on computer screens and fine motor skills for keyboarding and use of a mouse.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Participation in unit specific and hospital wide activities that promote self and staff development. Participation in the development of unit specific strategic goals that assist with the fulfillment of the Eastern Maine Medical Center mission and vision."