Cost Accountant - Senior *Remote Option*
Northern Light Health
Department: Decision Support
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Building, Brewer, ME
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM
To Apply: Cost Accountant - Senior
“This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of California”
The Senior Cost Accountant is primarily responsible to assist in the oversight and maintenance of EMHS’s cost accounting system and to provide support for recommending and setting cost standards in addition to monthly processing. This professional works in a team to offer Financial Planning and Decision Support services, including annual operating budget, long range financial forecasts and business plans. Collaborates with Home Office and Member staff to achieve superior cost analysis and reporting. The Senior Cost Accountant may be requested to support various committees or task forces to advance the interests of EMHS. The Senior Cost Accountant will aid the Lead Cost Accountant and the Director in support of the needs of the Vice President of Finance, Senior Vice President Treasurer and Chief Financial Officer and internal and external clients related to EMHS.
In this role, the Senior Cost Accountant must demonstrate and promote excellent customer service, responsiveness, oral and written communication, accurate and supported analysis, and project management skills. To be successful, the individual in this position must:
• be an effective communicator and trainer providing support to all EMHS Members to optimize utilization of the EPSi cost accounting system,
• provide timely input and analysis into the decision-making process during the development of the cost accounting strategy and operational processes,
• continually demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial operations and proficiency with the budgeting and forecasting tools,
• be a role model in the delivery of services that are deemed to be superior in the eyes of the customers.
• Provides ongoing training and guidance to System and Member leaders to understand cost variances
• Provides education and training for department leadership to establish departmental costs at the charge code level.
• Analyzes cost allocations and makes appropriate system updates as directed.
• Performs duties associated with the monthly processing of cost allocations.
• Works closely with other team members on related modules that interact with cost accounting.
• Validates and reconciles allocations and processes.
• Ensures the integrity of cost accounting data remains intact by recommending and implementing best practices as directed.
• Stays up-to-date on cost accounting system upgrades and prepares for scheduled system maintenance downtime as directed.
• Analyzes and interprets complex requests for cost and budget data and develops meaningful reports.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.