Finance Business Partner (14178)
Northern Light Acadia Hospital
Department: Admin Mbr Integrtn - Finance
Position is located: Acadia Hospital Campus, Bangor, ME
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 8:00AM to 5:00PM
Click To Apply: Finance Business Partner
*This position has a hybrid work type (both onsite and remote)*
The Senior Business Partner Analyst is responsible for preparing entity level long range financial plans, operating budgets, capital plans, and forecasts in accordance with corporate guidelines. This role independently performs financial analysis for entity level issues and initiatives and will be the primary conduit for the business to coordinate support from the centralized Business Finance function. The role will not only serve as a financial resource for the entity it serves but will also provide support and guidance to other business partners throughout the system. This role will report directly to the Director, Finance Business Partner at the Home Office and will receive direction from and have frequent interaction with the VP of finance at the assigned member organization(s).
• Act as a business partner to the entity (including entity level executives and department directors) including proactively providing entity level financial analysis and insights
• Proactively advise and educate management on all aspects that financially impact operations
• Participate in performance improvement initiatives by acting as analytical support
• Manage shared intake process for entity level information requests with Healthcare Analytics and IT, including being part of rotational routing team for requests
• Support entity-wide strategic planning, business prioritization and resource allocation processes with respect to finances, budgets, opportunities for cost reduction, and opportunities for growth
• Receive and perform analysis over reports on the entity’s financial performance in all areas based on past, present and future operations, including variance analysis of actual to expected performance
• Serve as a technical expert and provide education and training to managers, directors and others.
• Serve as a resource to other Business Partner Analysts.
• Consistently review internal processes, evaluates and suggests improvements for efficiencies.
• Present financial reports to department leaders as appropriate
• Develop and maintain key relationships with business counterparts to understand their requirements for financial data and analysis
• Perform benchmarking analysis (financial and clinical cost) and ensure updates are provided to leadership on a regular basis
• Utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the entity’s operations and business plans
• Provide input to and support finance initiatives driven by entity leaders
• Perform financial analysis for entity level issues and initiatives
• Perform productivity reporting for the entity, utilizing standard tools and templates as issued by Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis
• Prepare long term financial plans for the entity
• Prepare operating budgets and forecasts for the entity
• Prepare capital budgets and associated business cases for the entity
Competencies and skills:
* 5+ years of relative work experience required.
* Applies Business Acumen: Demonstrates knowledge of current and future trends that impact organizational success. Applies proven practices and business theories to get results that meet financial as well as other business goals. Recognizes opportunities for new services and products and acts accordingly, taking measured risks into consideration. Possesses a thorough knowledge of their field and independently carries out their work in accordance with professional standards of the profession.
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Effectively Communicates: Listens, speaks and writes appropriately, using clear language. Communication methods are fitting to the message(s), audience, and situation and follow-ups are regular and timely. Shows that important (non-) verbal information is absorbed and understood and asks further questions to clarify when necessary. Expresses ideas and views clearly to others and has ability to adjust use of language to the audiences' level.
* Exercises Sound Judgment & Decision Making: Understands and processes complex information, which allows for appropriate and accountable conclusions. Does not react too quickly or slowly. Balances facts, goals, and potential approaches taking the appropriate criteria into account. Makes active decisions and commits oneself by communicating confidently and respectfully.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Seeks Process Improvement & Applies System Thinking: Possesses and gains insight into situations, problems and processes. Understands the interconnection between organizational elements. Deconstructs problems and systematically investigates the various components. Considers the impact of actions on the entire process/system. Detects problems and opportunities, recognizes important information, and links various data to trace potential causes and relevant details.
* Bachelor's Degree
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Work with computers, typing, reading or writing.
* Lifting, moving and loading 20 to 30 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.