Integrated Software Engineer (7908)
Northern Light Health
Department: IS Integration and Data Management
Position is located: Cianchette Professional Building with Remote Option
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 7:30am to 4:00pm
Click to Apply: Software Engineer
“This role can be performed remotely anywhere in the United States with the exception of California”
Working independently with general direction from supervisor, perform analysis, coding, testing, documenting and troubleshooting of software applications using a variety of programming languages and tools. Provide technical assistance and support to users of computer applications across several disparate systems.
- Demonstrate an understanding of NLH Information Systems major applications, specifically Cerner Millennium, Cerner Patient Accounting and Infor Cloud Suite. Team assignment will determine individual area of system and application focus
- Have full understanding of software development life cycle
- Possess a thorough understanding of relational databases
- Perform program analysis and create design specifications which requires the skill to analyze user requests and produce written specifications describing proposed solution. Also provide accurate estimate of work effort required
- Write efficient programming code that complies with the NLH programming standards
- Confirm programming code functions correctly by performing thorough testing & validation
- Obtain signoff from client and follow change control process for implementing new programming code
- Depending on team assignment, demonstrate expertise in one or more of these programming languages:
- Cerner CCL and Discern Expert (Rules)
- VB.Net, ASP.Net, MS SQL Stored Procedures, SFTP
- May perform other duties upon request.
Competencies and skills:
- Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
- Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
- Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
- Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Associate's Degree
Education equivalent experience:
* 4 years of related experience in lieu of degree
* Lifting, moving and loading less than 20 pounds.
* Continuous sitting.
* Continuous standing.
* Continuous walking.