Medical Assistant - Certified (5977)
Northern Light WorkHealth
Department: Work Health - State St Bangor
Position is located: Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
Work Type: Full Time \ 40 Hours per Week \ 7:00 AM to 4:30 PM
To Apply Click: Certified Medical Assistant
For More Information: Text "5977" to (207) 506-0033
This position reports directly to either the Regional Operations Manager or Clinic Supervisor and works in conjunction with the Clinical Educator. The Medical Assistant provides day-to-day clinical support for the Work Health clinics. The Medical Assistant performs administrative and patient care duties to assist the medical staff in the examination and treatment of patients and will provide some clinical occupational health services independently, such as urine drug collection, breath alcohol testing, spirometry screening, hearing screening, and immunizations, commensurate with training and competencies. The Medical Assistant will provide clerical support when needed, assisting with patient scheduling, registration, and referrals. This position is responsible for managing patient records and will serve as a liaison between the patient, client, and practitioners.
Education and Experience
· High School Degree or GED required. Successful completion of a Certified Medical Assistant program, Medical Assistant program and/or current AAMA or AMT certification, or successful completion of training and competency for Medical Assistant functions is required.
· A minimum of 2 years clinical experience preferred. Clinical experience in an occupational health setting and applicable certifications strongly preferred.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
· Must possess good communication skills and ability to foster a positive work environment. Must possess the ability to be flexible and adaptable. Familiarity with electronic documentation.
· Working within the MA scope, provides excellent and appropriate care to Work Health customers. Performs company requested exams/screening/testing/vaccinations appropriately. Documents all care accurately and in a timely manner.
· Interacts with customers as well as co-workers in a positive and productive manner. Works with co-workers collaboratively and respectfully to ensure the best delivery of care to our customers. Identifies areas of process improvement and has a team approach to problem solving/issue resolution.
· Obtains and maintains required certifications and competencies to perform occupational health services.
· Assists in the examination and treatment of a patient, under the direction of a licensed provider.
· Participates in company requested reporting and surveillances.
· Stocks/orders medical supplies as needed.
· Assists with front desk responsibilities, as needed.
· Assists with the orientation and onboarding of new clinical staff.
· Assists with other duties, as assigned.
Passion: We demonstrate a passion for caring for others and the pursuit of service excellence in all that we do.
Integrity: We commit to the highest standards of behavior and doing the correct thing for the right reasons.
Partnership: Working together in collaboration and teamwork is more powerful than working alone.
Accountability: We take a responsible and disciplined approach to achieving our priorities and responding to an ever changing environment.
Innovation: We are capable of extraordinary creativity and are willing to explore new ideas to achieve our healthcare mission.
Respect: We respect the dignity, worth and rights of others.
· Exerting up to 25 lbs. occasionally, sitting, bending, reaching stooping, walking, lifting, and driving.
· Requires the ability to travel to member organizations as needed.
· Flexibility, dexterity, able to work sitting at a work station, using keyboard, working in front of a video display monitor, moderate walking throughout facility.
· Reaching and stretching intermittently are required for assisting patients.
· Must possess the degree of respiratory volume and upper body strength to perform CPR and other necessary patient care treatments, as are appropriate.
Note: the duties listed above reflect the majority of the essential duties of this job and does not, nor is it intended to, reflect all essential duties that may be required for an incumbent in this job to perform.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, veteran status, national origin, or any other legally protected status