Pharmacy Technician with Sign On Bonus!
This is an entry level position. Pharmacy Technician I is an essential member of the staff at Miller Drug. Technicians provide support for multiple facets of the operations of the Pharmacy, including exceptional customer service, answer phone in a timely manner, patient interaction, data entry, prescription preparation and sales of prescriptions, other merchandise, stock, order and maintain front store product.
• Provides excellent customer service and answers the phone in a timely manner (within 3 rings)
• Collect pertinent information from customers in order to assist in the efficient processing of prescriptions
• Maintains OTC area, including stocking shelves, cleaning and pricing
• Efficiently and accurately process transactions through the Point of Sale system including signatures, HIPAA and identity confirmation, accurate handing of cash
• Requires supervision by pharmacist and relies on Pharmacy Technicians II and III for questions
• Demonstrate basic understanding of the prescription filling process
• Position intended for learning and potential advancement to Technician II the approval/recommendation of the pharmacist in charge and business needs.
• Knowledge of pharmacy management and POS systems
• Prepare for and participate in inventory count preparation and processed as required (cycle counts)
• Receive, transmit and verify inventory replenishment orders or credit return requests
• Remove outdated or recalled products in a timely fashion for return to the appropriate vendor and ensure the credit for return merchandize is optimized
• Alert manager to any problems or situations as they occur and enlist his/her help if necessary
• Maintain clean and adequate inventory levels of supplies
• A pharmacy technician may engage in the practice of pharmacy at a pharmacy only under the direct supervision of a pharmacist as defined in Chapter 1, Section 14 of the board’s rules.
• The assignment of any of the duties listed below to a pharmacy technician lies within the discretion of the pharmacist on duty as dictated by Maine Pharmacy Law:
• Acceptance of an original or renewal prescription drug order.
* High School Diploma/General Educational Development (GED)