Physical Therapist (Job ID 8718)
Northern Light Eastern Maine Medical Center
** Sign-On Bonus for Full Time Candidates is $7,500 and Paid-in-Full after 90-Day Probationary Period **
Department: Physical Therapy - 925 Union Street
Work Type: Full Time / 40 hours per week / 8:00AM - 4:30PM
To Apply Click Here: Physical Therapist
Physical therapists are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, who have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives. Physical therapist will evaluate each patient, develop a plan of care appropriate to the patient's needs and implement that plan of care, reassessing as needed.
1. Provides an evaluation appropriate for the individual referral based on age and diagnosis.
2. Develops a treatment plan based on deficits found on evaluation and as per patient goals.
3. Provides treatment as outlined on plan integrating knowledge and skills in the delivery of care based on standards of practice.
4. Reviews and updates treatment plan based on patient status /need.
5. Participates in patient discharge planning including equipment ordering and recommendations for continued, coordinated services.
6. Provides education to patients, families and or caregivers regarding therapeutic interventions to meet the needs of the patient.
7. Consults and collaborates with physicians and other healthcare professionals regarding treatment and patient status.
8. Thoroughly and accurately documents/dictates findings of the evaluation.
9. Thoroughly and accurately documents treatments provided.
10. Thoroughly and accurately documents/dictates patient progress and re-evaluation findings.
11. Thoroughly and accurately documents/dictates patient discharge status.
12. Completes all pertinent paperwork according to assigned work area.
13. Assists in planning and coordination of learning experiences that will enable students to achieve clinical objectives.
14. Precepts students in a manner that enables students to demonstrate maximal performance
15. Completes and discusses weekly feedback forms and midterm and final evaluations with the student.
1. Utilizes scheduled time with each patient effectively adapting schedule and or treatment to meet the needs of the patient.
2. Achieves expected outcomes of patient care within clinician's control.
3. Modifies communication to level of patient/family understanding and accommodates for differences in learning styles/needs.
4. Seeks assistance with patient care issues as appropriate from immediate supervisor or a peer.
5. 6.Assigns appropriate patients to PT assistant indicating goals, expected outcome of treatment and overall plan.
6. Provides appropriate supervision to PT assistant according to State Practice Act.
1. Accurately documents charges according to treatment provided.
2. Makes self aware of patient's insurance and obtains appropriate approval/authorization for treatment.
3. Meets productivity standards.
1. Maintains own patient schedule effectively.
2. Reports scheduling/case load issues to senior therapist.
3. Collaborates with therapy scheduler to provide appointment times.
Competencies and skills:
* Behaves with Integrity and Builds Trust: Acts consistently in line with the core values, commitments and rules of conduct. Leads by example and tells the truth. Does what they say they will, when and how they say they will, or communicates an alternate plan.
* Cultivates Respect: Treats others fairly, embraces and values differences, and contributes to a culture of diversity, inclusion, empowerment and cooperation.
* Fosters Accountability: Creates and participates in a work environment where people hold themselves and others accountable for processes, results and behaviors. Takes appropriate ownership not only of successes but also mistakes and works to correct them in a timely manner. Demonstrates understanding that we all work as a team and the quality and timeliness of work impacts everyone involved.
* Practices Compassion: Exhibits genuine care for people and is available and ready to help; displays a deep awareness of and strong willingness to relieve the suffering of others.
* Physical Therapist
* Bachelor's Degree
* Potential exposure to abusive and/or aggressive people.
* Need to drive to perform responsible duties.
* Potential exposure to hazardous materials.
* Lifting, moving and loading 30 to 50 pounds.
* Potential exposure to noise levels being uncomfortable.
* Continuous sitting.
* Alternate shift schedules (day, evening, nights, weekends).
* Potential exposure to noxious odors.
* Continuous standing.
* Potential exposure to very hot or cold temperatures.
* Continuous walking.