JOB SUMMARY: The Radiation Therapist is responsible for simulations, treatments, chart checks, and scheduling all as prescribed by the Physician. The Therapist participates in all aspects of the operation of the department on a daily basis and this includes patient care, quality assurance, patient education, and utilizing the departmental electronic medical record. Therapists may also be involved in other Special Procedures such as HDR, SRS, and SBRT. Therapists will treat patients of all age groups and must be knowledgeable of age specific protocols. The therapist must be flexible to cover early and late shifts and some weekend and holiday call shifts as needed.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Maintains and exhibits professional appearances and mannerisms.
· Observes all department and hospital protocols.
· Performs all necessary tasks involved with patient treatments, simulations, and documentation.
· Provides patient educations and assessments during patients course of treatment.
· Maintains current licensure and participates in all continuing education as required by license.
· Graduate of accredited school of Radiation Therapy.
· Registered by ARRT is required.
· Current State of Maine License.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE PREFERED: Experience with Mosaiq record and verify and with Varian Linear Accelerators is beneficial.
OTHER SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Effective time management, problem solving, and communication skills.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Ability to work in a fast paced department with a variety of treatments and procedures happening simultaneously.
· Ability to multitask in busy environment.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Lifting/pulling/reaching; Computer work; Visual acuity, standing or walking 95% of day, 5% sitting while checking charts or scheduling.
WORKING ENVIRONMENT: Fast paced department with variety of procedures happening simultaneously.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.