Northern Light Acadia Hospital in Bangor, Maine, is now Hiring a Full Time Resource Technician.
You are invited to step forward and join our family and build on your career path in an excellent work environment.
The Resource Technician is a non-professional team member who performs patient care for personal needs and comfort and helps maintain an age appropriate therapeutic environment. Supports the standards and policies of Acadia Hospital and the philosophy of the Nursing Department. The work environment offers little privacy. Will be exposed to light and noise from computers, telephones, photocopiers and other employees and clients on the unit. Perform any duties and/or responsibilities assigned by Manager or Supervisor for which qualified.
• Respond to patient calls for assistance.
• Assists patient in cleaning rooms and making beds.
• Assists in keeping the unit neat and clean.
• Performs safety checks as assigned such as census checks, 15-minute checks, constant observations, constant companionship.
• Assists with the admission, discharge, and transferring of the patient.
• Performs patient and belonging search, orientation to the unit, explanation of patient’s rights, securing patient’s valuables.
• Assists patients in and out of bed as required; assists in ambulating patients as required.
High School diploma or equivalent required and an Associate's Degree preferred. CPR required. 1-2 years of experience required.
Equal Opportunity Employment
We are an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, disability status, gender, sexual orientation, ancestry, protected veteran status, national origin, genetic information or any other legally protected status.