Assists in operations, under the supervision of surgeons, registered nurses, or other surgical personnel.
• Maintains sterile operative fields.
• Maintains inventory of medical supplies or equipment.
• Assists healthcare practitioners during surgery.
• Positions patients for treatment or examination.
• Protect patients or staff members using safety equipment.
• Maintains a safe environment complying with NLH policies and procedures; reports and directly addresses environmental hazards and violations of patient safety policy and/or protocol when involved or observed.
• May perform other duties upon request.
Graduate of a Surgical Technology program.
Certification required within one year of hire.
BLS certification is to be obtained prior to independently caring for patients and is to be kept current.