Cross Insurance Center - Spectra VM - Marketing Coordinator
Spectra - Venue Management
Spectra VM - Cross Insurance Center
Individual is responsible for marketing, promoting and selling tickets to events at Cross Insurance Center as well as assisting in promoting the convention center at Cross Insurance Center. Constantly seek out new opportunities for the arena & convention center to increase its exposure in the marketplace. Act as one of the liaisons between the event, facility, and local media. Perform public relations and grassroots efforts for the venues and their events.
Spectra, an industry leader in sports, entertainment and venue management, is dedicated to recruiting and developing individuals with the skills, experience, desire, and values to contribute to the continued growth and success of our organization. Together, with our 250+ sports & entertainment venue partners, we transform events into experiences! These experiences create excitement, turn heads, and make memories. Come Join Us! You can learn more about Spectra at www.spectraexperiences.com/
- Prepare and implement marketing and public relations plans and recaps for events
- Handle day-to-day operations of venue website including updating events, design and implementation of promotional concepts.
- Design promotional materials such as flyers and posters for select events at the venue.
- Place media for events locally and nationally in trade specific publications to promote the facility
- Draft, distribute and follow-up on all press releases and media pitches
- Produce media settlements for all events and assist with day of show Settlement
- Day of event assistance with pre-event promotions, meet and greets and media
- Oversee and manage the Cross Insurance Center e-mail subscriber database including developing ways to increase the database as well as creating and distributing ticket-driving newsletters / emails.
- Maintain and monitor Cross Insurance Center Social Media sites and assist with strategies for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.
- Research, implement and follow up with grassroots marketing including poster and flyer distribution, community appearances and overall expansion of marketing campaign to maximize event awareness and exposure.
- Track, analyze, and compare event ticket sales information
- Assist with supervision and education of our Internship program
- Draft a weekly marketing and sales report for GM and Corporate office of marketing initiatives.
- Provide excellent customer service assistance to internal and external clients
Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma from an accredited college or university with major course work in marketing, public relations, event management or other related field.
- Minimum of 1-3 years prior marketing and hospitality experience
Demonstrated ability to formulate creative and original promotional ideas
Experience with writing press releases and marketing plans highly desired
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe Photoshop and have web-related background
Database and Social Media marketing experience required
Ability to communicate clearly and concisely in the English language, both orally and in writing
Ability to travel as required; must provide own transportation
Possess valid driver’s license or have the ability to acquire
Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
Must have demonstrated ability to perform effectively under stressful situations
Must have a demonstrated ability to function in a fast paced, high-pressure environment
Must be available to work a flexible schedule including long hours, nights, weekends and holidays
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Must be extremely detail oriented, have strong organizational skills, and demonstrated interpersonal skills
Exemplary customer service skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously
INTELLECTUAL/SOCIAL, PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
The intellectual/social, physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing duties of this job, the employee is continuously asked to multi-task under time constraints and with moderate to high pressure situations. Position requires constant attention to precise details and accuracy of specified standards including: following simple to complex (more than 3 steps) instructions, and concentration which frequently extends beyond 30 minutes at a time. Employees in this role will occasionally be in leadership role; this requires directing others either verbally or in writing to complete tasks in prescribed time frame. This position also requires frequent use of interpersonal skills including: ability to direct/motivate/inform staff and foster collaboration, greeting and directing clients verbally and in writing. Employee must be able to recognize and resolve conflicts, and be able to openly communicate in writing and verbally with clients and determine an optimal solution to their concern. Employee will frequently communicate via telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. This position requires employee to frequently work both independently or as part of a team.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee will frequently operate a computer and other office devices such as ticketing equipment and software, laminator, calculators, telephones, copy machines, faxes and printers. Employee will also frequently move about inside and outside facility in various areas before/during/after events in the course of directing clients/groups to desired locations. Employee must constantly communicate via radio, telephone, email and in-person with others and exchange accurate information. Employee may occasionally be required due to business demands and event operations to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- The duties of this position are performed primarily in doors in an office environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal to moderate during non-event days and moderate to loud during event days.
SPECTRA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYMENT EMPLOYER